jenwesner

Today in Jen's Library

Monsters (The Ashes Trilogy, #3)
Ilsa J. Bick
Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
The Message: The New Testament, Mass Market Edition
Under the Light - Laura Whitcomb Laura Whitcomb has become one of my favourite authors in a very short time. It's not the way she writes, but the combination of what she writes and the way she does it that make her books so wonderful.

This book is a companion to [b:A Certain Slant of Light|289601|A Certain Slant of Light (Light, #1)|Laura Whitcomb|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1348331893s/289601.jpg|2596896] in that it tells Jenny's story. Some of it is Jenny's memories when Helen was in her body, and some of it is after Jenny returned. It is a wonderful (I keep being at a loss for another word) combination of the two lives, characters, memories, and experiences. They intertwine in a way that is almost magical.

Amid all the spiritual fantasy - is there another way to put it? - there is stark realism. Jenny's relationship with her parents, Billy's troubled past. And the best part is their journey of discovery of who they are and how they know each other.

I absolutely loved this book. I wish Laura Whitcomb would write more. She doesn't just tell a great story. She tells a unique one.