jenwesner

Today in Jen's Library

Monsters (The Ashes Trilogy, #3)
Ilsa J. Bick
Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
The Message: The New Testament, Mass Market Edition
Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) - Jamie McGuire The entire young adult contemporary genre is really interesting to me. I'm wondering what separates it from traditional romance novels - because the two don't seem different at all.

I read this book knowing it was just a fun romance. As such, I'm not going to over analyze it for the plot. It's basically two college kids fall in love and deal with their relationship. That's really about it. There are some elements that make it interesting, like the fact that the heroine has a dad who's in trouble with the mob. But honestly, that's about it.

The characters are your basic good girl and bad boy. There you go. Pretty standard stuff. I liked America, the best friend, a lot.

I did like the idea that they became good friends before they slept together. I think you should marry your best friend in life, so I was glad to see that happening.

And that's about it. It's a fun read. It made me laugh and was entertaining. This is a great read for the beach. There are some sweet lines in it, and the audio book was fabulous (as narrated by Emma Galvin).

So don't read too much into it and don't expect it to be some grand exposition of human behaviour. It's just fun.