jenwesner

Today in Jen's Library

Monsters (The Ashes Trilogy, #3)
Ilsa J. Bick
Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
The Message: The New Testament, Mass Market Edition
Annabel - Lauren Oliver OK, I admit it. I'm in love with Lauren Oliver. I totally have a girl crush on her - or rather, her characters in this Delirium series. It's ridiculous. I promise that I really do have a life. I just need to pay attention to it.

I usually borrow books from the library because I'm cheap. I actually bought this from Amazon because I couldn't stand it, couldn't wait. I needed a fix until Requiem comes out in March.

This was just the thing. It was enough to explain a little more, the teaser for Requiem was just enough, and I am not so afraid that the series won't have a happy ending. Actually, I'm glad to know more about Lena's mom Annabel. More history behind the secondary characters is going to make the tv show better. And I have to say, I hope that the tv show takes someone other than Lena or Alex or Hana or Julian and makes them the main character. Maybe Grace? Or Jenny? Or Sarah? That way, we fans won't be whining about how the tv series isn't true to the books. Same premise, same idea, different people, buh-bam everybody's happy.

I think it is also worth of mention that these short stories the authors have been putting out are quite wonderful. They are the perfect little snack between sequels; just enough to satisfy us while also making us hungry for more. Whoever thought of that is a genius.

So now I can't wait for Requiem. I think I've read Delirium so many times now that I have certain parts memorised -- and I'm waiting to re-read Pandemonium until late February. Yes, yes, I know. I'm obsessed. I prefer "enamoured."

And everybody. Listen. Sarah Drew narrates the audio books and SHE IS FABULOUS. She's "Kepner" on Gray's Anatomy -- and she doesn't just narrate, she is an unequalled voice actor. So do yourself a favor, don't just read this book. Listen to it. You'll fall in love with it like I have.