jenwesner

Today in Jen's Library

Monsters (The Ashes Trilogy, #3)
Ilsa J. Bick
Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
The Message: The New Testament, Mass Market Edition

The Everafter

The Everafter - Amy Huntley, Tavia Gilbert I just finished this book, and I have mixed feelings about it. Things I loved: the whole take on the afterlife - the insights into how we hang onto objects - the revisiting of events to view them from a different perspective. Things I didn't love: the returning to an infant stages (really awful in the audio book version!), Maddie's obsessions and self-centeredness, and the way her life ended.

I think this story was well-written and nicely paced. I didn't get the feeling of wishing she would just stop doing something and move on. Things moved along nicely. The love story seemed a bit too mature for the ages of the characters, but then, all teenagers think they have a lasting love (and some do, although they are the exception rather than the rule).

I'm glad I read this book. I'm not head over heels about it, just satisfied with a good story. Nothing earth shattering, but certainly nothing wrong with it. And I have to say, it's probably the most original idea for a story that I have come across in awhile.

It's a pensive read. You'll have to be in the mood for it.