jenwesner

Today in Jen's Library

Monsters (The Ashes Trilogy, #3)
Ilsa J. Bick
Time Between Us
Tamara Ireland Stone
The Message: The New Testament, Mass Market Edition
The Vincent Brothers: Extended and Uncut (The Vincent Boys, #2) - Abbi Glines I've been on an Abbi Glines kick lately - I just finished the whole [b:The Sea Breeze Collection: Breathe; Because of Low; While It Lasts; Just for Now|17383005|The Sea Breeze Collection Breathe; Because of Low; While It Lasts; Just for Now (Sea Breeze, #1-4)|Abbi Glines|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1368431565s/17383005.jpg|24177792] and then [b:The Vincent Boys|12900174|The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1)|Abbi Glines|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1348781266s/12900174.jpg|17572318]. This was pretty much more of the same.

I have to say, though, this one had a bit of a departure with the plot. Just when I think Glines is getting formulaic and predictable, she turns things a different way and I see it through a different perspective.

In this particular installment, Lana is an idiot and Sawyer is a jerk. She needed to draw some lines and he needed to get a clue. I suppose they finally do both things, but it took awhile. I had to keep in mind that they were just 18.

I didn't care for the epilogue at all. I didn't think it was necessary. And within the scheme of real life, I think it's misleading. Given that most of the readers of this type of book are pretty young, the less fairytale ideas we give them about happy endings, the better. A high school/early college relationship working out is a much different thing than getting engaged at the end of college and getting married 5 years later)

I gave this 4 stars because I couldn't put it down. Abbi Glines is a great writer - I'll pick up pretty much anything she she writes. For some people it's Sarah Dessen, for me it's Abbi Glines. She's a great contemporary author and I do love those Alabama boys --